Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm Back!! 28 Week Update


I'm back after a long hiatus. I apologize for not updating sooner for those of you who check regularly, things have been VERY busy. I promise to do better :) 


excuse my appearance, I came from cheerleading practice...


How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain: +11 pounds
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing mostly leggings now but can still wear my regular shirts
Stretch marks? none!
Sleep: I look back at the days when I could sleep soundly with envy. I'm tossing and turning a lot, trying to find a comfortable way to sleep. I'm hot and cold, and wake up to pee quite frequently. Sometimes I have to get up and move around just because she is kicking so much. 
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my monthly doctors appointment
Miss Anything? Have I mentioned Pumpkin Head beer yet?
Movement: lots!
Food cravings: fruit and sweets....still
Anything making you queasy or sick: just the cold i am fighting off right now :(
Gender: Girl 
Labor Signs: None, still too early
Symptoms: aches in my lower back, and some general discomfort due to the growing human inside me
Belly Button in or out? in, but it gets flat depending on how baby girl is moving. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: could not be happier! Its fall, I wear yoga pants to work every day and its getting closer to my due date! Sometimes I need a time out when I start to cry watching say yes to the dress, or just call up Grammy Kiki when I am feeling sensitive. 
Looking forward to: being that lady who paints her tummy like a pumpkin for halloween and taking cute baby bump pictures!!!

Chris and I have been busy starting to plan our wedding. Nothing to crazy yet, just looking at venues and trying to figure out exactly what we want, and since we have the same taste and agree on everything its really easy....not! We are having fun with it though, thats what it is all about. 

I have also made the transition from working full time to being a stay at home mom for Brew. I work from home for half the week now, and coach cheerleading/run a kids program at a local gym the rest of the week. Brew loves that I am a stay at home mom now, he gets to go for lots of walks and always has some company. I love it because I can wear yoga pants everyday. I'm excited about this new routine, and so is Chris since dinner is ready when he gets home from the Fire Academy. Unfortunately now I have time to branch out of my 5 recipe comfort zone and try new things, which arent always keepers.

We also took our pre-natal class at Saint Elizabeths Hospital in Boston, where I will be delivering. Some of the information was helpful, but I could have done without the partner breathing exercises, Chris and I were the only couple laughing the whole time. We couldn't even look at each other!! I'm sure it will be helpful, but we just couldnt take it seriously sitting in a class with 10 other couples. My favorite part was the tour of the hospital, it is nice knowing where I will be going in to and have it be somewhat familiar. 

1 comment:

  1. Its about time! Grammy Kiki cant wait to get my hands on sweet baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete