Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Present in a Blue Box...and an owl! Thanks Aunt Patty and Uncle Pete

I am in the works of putting together a post about all the new goodies I've been receiving for baby girl (I'm on shoe overload from Grammy Kiki, so I need some time to take pictures of it all!). However, this one deserved its own post. 

This week was my Grandma Annie's 90th birthday celebration down the Jersey Shore. Grandma Annie will be baby girls great grandmother!All of my family, except my brother John who is away at Norwich and was greatly missed, was there to celebrate and honor the matriarch of the Flanagan family. It was wonderful to visit with everyone. 

At the end of our visit, my Aunt Patty and Uncle Pete gave Chris and I this gift for baby girl. I already knew I would love it because it came in my favorite color box! They got baby girl a porcelain Bunny Bank from Tiffany's! This is such a special gift that will be placed high up on a shelf in a safe place, but it is a great piece that she be able to have. 

The Tiffany's bunny bank was such a special gift, but it came with an OWL! Patty and Pete also gave us an Izzy Owl from National Wildlife Kids for baby girl. I cut it off in the picture, but the owl is wearing flight goggles, which is a perfect tribute to Chris, who flew on KC 130s in the Marine Corps. 

Thank you AP & UP!

Here are some pictures from our visit:


Baby girl will be joining a big family! Meet the Flanagan (Roper, Rochon, & Stefaneli) family. Sorry for the blurry photo!
I am in the front, next to great grand daughter #1 Nora, who has asked that we name baby girl "Sparkles". Chris is in the back, with great grand son #1 Griffin on his shoulders. We had so much fun with everyone, but especially the twins, who gave us a glimpse into parenthood! 



Here is Grammy Kiki, Uncle Bobby and Grandma Annie, on the phone is Uncle John, who got special permission from his Cadres at Norwich University to call Grandma on her 90th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. And you two were WONDERFUL pseudo parents to the twins! Good practice for when Sparkles is 6 ;-)
    ~Caitlin

    ReplyDelete