Monday, August 20, 2012

Second Tri-mester Favorites


I know I did this post before, but I felt the need to update it.
 I still stand by my favorite products, I use Mama Mio every day, at least once a day. As I have gotten further along in my pregnancy, I realized some things should be added to the list.


Ben and Jerry's Frozen Greek Yogurt: HEAVEN. I kid you not, this is better than eating a whole pint of half baked...and its better for you. I have been craving sweets, and as much as I would like to sit down with a whole pint of half baked, I just won't do it. Throughout this pregnancy I've been trying to remain really healthy, and this is the perfect fix for my 'healthy' sweet tooth. My favorite flavor is Rasberry Fudge Chunk, its the only one I've tried but I'm very content with it so its a keeper.

Welch's Fruit Juice Bars: These are great for my sweet tooth and fruit tooth, plus who doesn't love frozen treats in the summer! I get the 0 sugar added ones. 

Nantucket Nectars: These satisfy my weird craving for fruit and citrus flavors. I've been stopping at the store to buy some on my way to work, but recently starting mixing my own. Normally I keep it simple with Orange juice and Pineapple juice in a to-go cup (see my 16 week favorites) This is cheaper and the homemade version has less sugar. 

Maxi Dresses: These are a pregnant lady's dream come true in the summer time. I throw one on to go to work, I throw one on to run errands, I throw one on to go out to dinner....it couldn't be more perfect. They are super comfortable (and stretchy!!) and I don't have to go through the struggle of putting an outfit together in the morning. I've found most of mine at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, with a few from Ann Taylor Loft, but Old Navy and Target have super cute and inexpensive ones too. 

Maternity Jeans: When Chris and I found out I was pregnant I swore up and down I would never wear maternity clothes. 'I'm 22 and they are for old frumpy moms' I think were my exact words. Whelp I take back everything I said about maternity clothes. I can still fit into all my normal clothes, and I have not invested in a maternity wardrobe. Lucky for me I am planning on wearing leggings and sweaters all winter, and most of what I have will fit my growing belly. However, these jeans are so comfortable I am going to wear them even when I'm not pregnant. These jeans on Thanksgiving, or any holiday for that matter, life couldn't be better. So many moms warned me against getting skinny jeans while I was pregnant because they make you look bigger, but I haven't noticed and I'm certainly not about to rock the flare jeans. I have two pairs from Destination Maternity, they are Pea in the Pod which are normally expensive but I got them on sale, at the outlet, with a coupon..so they were in my price range. None the less they are super comfortable, I just keep feeling like I forgot to zip my fly and am constantly checking. 

Body Pillow: Lately I have been having some pain in my lower back, so I've started sleeping with a pillow between my knees and its really helped. I've also heard that it helps with sleeping later on in pregnancy. 

Starbucks Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade: Shocking that 4 out of 7 of my new favorite things are related to food. These are yummy, sweet and fruity, which is everything I love right now....and they are decaf!! My doctor is pretty lenient about his caffeine policy, but I've been trying to cut back, so these are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment